Thursday, April 29, 2010

28 DAYS LATER #13 COVER

Here's a cover i did recently; for issue 13.




















Really happy that i got to do a decent; design-y cover that still pertains to the interior story. It ended up being really close to my original layout, i think...





















This is the first time i did my thumbnail/layout digitally and it turned out pretty well; i did mess around with it a lot; i had to be sure to leave one corner pretty bare so that the logo would be clear and readable, so there was a lot of selecting and moving the image around until i was happy with it. I think it was Mooney who suggested i do a wash on the 2 characters to separate them from the car bonnet. I threw in a bit of mis-registered halftone too, just to make it a little more interesting and also as i missed the chance to use that effect in the previous cover.

Hope ye like,

Dec.

4 comments:

Gee Hale said...

Awesome cover, Declan! I hope to join you and work for BOOM! One day... :)

Stephen Mooney said...

This one turned out really well, Dec.
I remember you drawing it here like it was only yesterday....-choke-

WHEN ARE YOU COMING HOME??!!

Fran Johnston said...

Yes! immortalised in Dec's artwork. I remember posing for this shot. fun times.

Jordie Bellaire said...

This came out really great. I love that it stuck so close to the energy of the thumbnail.